General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
In May 2018 new rules called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), came into force concerning how personal data is handled and how consent is given. These regulations do not change how the River Gipping Trust (RGT) currently stores, handles or uses your data.
This page defines the River Gipping Trust policy regarding the GDPR. The information below states how your data is used and how long it will be retained;
- The RGT will record the personal information contained in your application on computer and use it to administer your membership.
- If you use the Contact Us link on our website we will only use the information you give us to reply to you.
- The RGT does not sell or pass on your details to third parties.
- Name and address records will only be used to contact you and mail our magazine to you.
- Your telephone number will only be used to contact you.
- Your email address will be used to contact you and to distribute electronic versions of our magazine.
- Your bank details will only be used to send your standing order agreement to your bank.
- The RGT do not hold any credit/debit card details.
- If your RGT membership ceases for any reason (including resignation, death or failure to pay your annual membership fee), your records are retained for a period of 7 years for accounting purposes but will not be used to contact you or your representative.
- The information may be used for fraud prevention or money laundering prevention.
- By applying and continuing your membership of the RGT you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes.
All members have a right to ask for a copy of their information and to correct any inaccuracies.
When you give us personal information about another person we will assume that they have appointed you to act for them and have consented to the processing of their personal data, including sensitive personal data.
We may contact you by mail or email to let you know about events which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information you can inform us at any time in writing or by phone.